Embarrassed to show driver

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Embarrassed to show driver
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 10:20:50 -0400 (EDT)
Colleagues,
I have only one thing to say after attending the Moss Motors Britfest in
NJ a couple of weeks ago.

"Its the people, not the cars!"

A ragged MG midget with the bonnet paint blistered from years of daily
driving was accompanied by a most personable chap originally from Ireland.
Right next to it a phony race car, absolutely stunningly presented with
not a speck of dirt, MG midget from the back, Bugeye Sprite from the
front.  Which got more attention from me at least, no question the driver.

A remarkable TR4 was presented by a fellow from So. Jersey as the only
car he has ever owned and driven from new.  Unique car, unique and
absolutely fascinating owner by the name of Kagil or something close.  He
claimed it a product of his "TR4 Research Institute" and came complete
with rhinestones embedded in the engine compartment "just for fun."

-KevinO
CT74,666 (going back together now, thank you)