Re: Another bodywork question

To: "Dr T. Dafforn" <td214@cus.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Another bodywork question
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 09:25:59 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tim,
If you carefully read the instructions on the bofy filler container, you
will probably find that the manufacturer recommends removing all paint
down to a bare surface before adding the filler.  THis is because the
stuff bonds better to bare metal.  I have seen several instances where
body filler has come off because it was applied to paint and the paint
didn't bond to the metal firmly enough to hold the weight og the filler.

Joe Curry

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer