re:Damson TR6 / Wheel Painting

To: ewcorco@erenj.com
Subject: re:Damson TR6 / Wheel Painting
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 09:18:57 -0700
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Ned,

For Damson, check out:
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/paint-charts/index.html  1979, page 1
In reality, is appears lighter than the scan.  Find a DuPont retailer
near you and ask to see a chart with color code 8511.  When people don't
know damson, I tell them it's maroon.  I could find nothing close in a
current color.

I painted the wheels on a Subaru with a silver wheel paint, from the
spray paint section of the auto store.  I did this while in a school,
one tire at a time, while the spare sat on the car.  Cleaned it with a
wire brush in a drill, masked the tire, then painted.  They still looked
good 18 months later when I sold the car.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6, Damson