Re: Damson TR6 / Wheel Painting

To: ewcorco@erenj.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Damson TR6 / Wheel Painting
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 09:30:34 +1000
At 1:18 AM +1000 8/5/98, ewcorco@erenj.com wrote:
>Dumb question, I know, but is the color Damson closer to purple or
>burgundy?  I've seen several TR6s recently which are definitely not Signal
>Red, but are more of a wine color and was curious, since nothing matching
>that description is listed in the catalogs (other than maybe Damson).

A damson is a small, dark, purple plum and this is a fairly good
description of the colour used by Triumph. Words are never entirely
adequate to describe colours, but I would not describe it as close to
burgundy (I would not dare to describe anything as burgundy anymore - the
French appellation police would get me for applying a French name to a
non-French product).  In my view burgundy is a dark red - others may have
different views.

There is a Triumph colour card on the web.  Somebody may remember where it is.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U (unmistakably white)