Re: TR6 fuel injection & carb petrol tank

To: Peter.Hore@dhs.vic.gov.au, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 fuel injection & carb petrol tank
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 09:14:59 -0700
Peter,

Eric's response to your query is correct.  As long as you keep the tank
above 1/4 and stay away from hard cornering when below that, you should be
fine.  In my case, I just removed the little bowl that was in the bottom of
my old tank and placed it into the carb tank.  I also had to install the
two return openings in the tank top. Phew.. these little things really
stack up sometimes.

>It has been suggested to me that baffles must be added to a carb tank to
>cope with sloshing fuel. Have you found that you dont actually need any
>additional baffles?
My PI TR-6 started life as a carb model and has the original fuel tank.
Everything is fine unless you corner hard with less than 1/4 tank of fuel.
;{)