Re: to primer or not to primer..

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: to primer or not to primer..
From: Jay Raynis <jay@rih.org>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 11:26:01 -0400
Tim,

I've heard it suggested that you spray with an inexpensive paint to protect
the metal until you're ready for the "big job". Seals and protects, which
primer won't do.

Jay

WORKING HARDER at THINKING DIFFERENT

----------
From: "Dr T. Dafforn" <td214@cus.cam.ac.uk>

Ok so primer is porous and hence not much protection...
So if I am in the process of paint removal, what should I use to protect
the newly uncovered metal from the ravages of the tin worm...
A light dusting of waxoil maybe, but will I be able to remove it without
leaving any residue which might effect the paint job when I can afford to
have it done!!
                Any other suggestions..
                                Cheers
                                                Tim