re: to primer or not to primer..

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, td214@cus.cam.ac.uk
Subject: re: to primer or not to primer..
From: "jay pollmann" <thorfinnxx@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 08:23:02 PDT
I second that question! If I take the time to strip and sand it down, I
bloody well don't want to strip it again in the spring when I'm ready to
paint...Next time, I'll shoot epoxy primer and maybe even sealer, but at
the time I sprayed, my spray gun and compressor weren't really ready to
go, so I did what I could. By the way, the PPG epoxy primer that I used
for the body and bonnet does not like too high a concentration of the
purple bottled Castrol degreaser...I found that out the hard way. Dilute
it down to about 10:1, or better yet, buy the wax and grease remover
that the paint manufacturer recomends.