Re: Non LBC Question

To: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Non LBC Question
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 01:04:16 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Brad,

The Ford 300 cid  straight 6 is a wonderful, torque monster.  They get lousy
gas mileage and have a low top end.  If you purchase the truck, let me tell
you up front, you need a lot of room to pass, and never attempt to pass
anything other than a ragged out VW Beetle while towing.  They also have a
problem with burning the valves.  My suggestion is to look for either a
Chevy with a 350 or a Ford with a 351.

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4 Mk1
Houston, Texas