Re: Remanufactured heads

To: <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: Remanufactured heads
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 21:57:58 +0100
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Brad

(Snip)

> > For this concept to have any prospect of anyone taking notice of it,
> > this survey has to be over a number of months rather than days - so
> > perhaps it's time to get badgering people.

> I agree, there is a vast potential for remaking the vast majority of
> the parts we need for our cars.  All it would take is for someone to
> see $$$$ signs in front of their eyes to act.

As far as potential suppliers over here are concerned, "seeing $$$$ signs"
just isn't enough.
They want to know HOW MANY $$$$ signs.

In anticipation of that, you provide them with data from research.
They don't believe it and seek to do their own
They get a result - with endless caveats, and 'put it on a back burner'
Then the Managing Director's second eldest son's brother in law's grandson
says
"Why don't you do so and so?"
This makes the venture immediately viable
Money is committed, product is made
Pricing, including the number of dead from two world wars is added in for
safety
and its discovered someone walked off with the idea two years earlier

I'm not referring to BMIHT, of course!

In my view, whoever acts and gives this a whirl NOW, will probably make a
wad
and good luck to them

John Mac