TR-6 Oil burner

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-6 Oil burner
From: karen hakala & tim hutchisen <hakhutch@megalink.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 15:07:24 -0500
Greetings listers:
  Just got back from the mechanic today (routine inspection for DMV )
while I was there I had the guy do a compression test . Tested great, I
think, lowest reading =155, highest =170. My problem is it burns oil but
mostly under deceleration.Hopefully some scions out there will have the
answer and I will be eternally grateful as I and my mechanic friend have
not the cure-all.
      Here are the facts: '71 TR-6 CC57787  89993 original miles; I had
the head rebuilt last summer (1000 miles ago) everything is new on the
top end ; compression is tested; car runs great as is,but it's burning a
quart every 500-750 miles; carbs running a bit rich haven't tweaked
since installing Crane X700.
       My only solution ( that I see ) is there is no breather on the
emission plumbing. Is this my dilemma ? Thanks in advance as this is the
first time I've used this forum other than shear entertainment .

Tim Hutchisen
CC57787 1971

"Shine she may but run she must"