Re: New Manufacture Engine Components

To: vicwhit@idirect.com
Subject: Re: New Manufacture Engine Components
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 13:07:17 -0600
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Vic,

I'll bring that question up to him and see if they've addressed that
item.  It'll be interesting to here the response I get from him.

>From the standpoint of jeopardizing their standing that would be an
interesting delima.  Maybe we can get a response back from John
Macartney on this issue.  After all, I would hope everyones goal is
to provide the parts to keep these cars running!!!

> Brad, I have heard of another group that proposed to make parts for
> British cars. The part was a transmission housing but that is not
> really important. For suppliers like TRF, Moss, et al, to purchase
> these parts may conflict with their contractual agreements with the
> British Motor Heritage supplier who holds the rights to that part.
> They would not jeopardize their good standing for one part. So I've
> bee told. I don't know what the answer is to these unobtainium parts
> but I would suggest that you may have to address the rights holder.
> Hope this helps.

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
paint)