Re: lifts

To: Jay Raynis <jay@rih.org>
Subject: Re: lifts
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 10:16:31 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jay Raynis wrote:

> The reason they don't do PITS anymore: vapors from oil and gas build up in
> the pit. Aside from just passing out at some point, you can also end up
> blowing yourself up. Of course we know mechanics never smoke right? Just
> like gas station attendants never smoke near the pumps...
>
> The best story I read was from a guy putting in a new exhaust or driveshaft
> and actually ended up, because of the position he was required to assume to
> reach some of the bolts, bolting himself in. Aside from the fact that he was
> really upset at having to undo the work and re-do it, he realized that if he
> dropped the wrench he would have been there for a long time.
>
> Jay
>
> WORKING HARDER at THINKING DIFFERENT
>
> ----------
> From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
> To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
> Subject: lifts
> Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 06:27:40 -0700

Sometimes when you are thinking harder go back to the simple things the
way they were, they still work. Fumes do not settle in the pit anymore
than they settle in your garage, air is flowing in and out all day and
night, there is no door on it, its not completely enclosed. It is easy to
think of a lot of ways some things do not work but why not think of how
things can work. Just think of all the gas in your two or three cars in
your garage with that smoke in your hand, with all the chemicals on the
shelf and the lawn mower & trimmer. There is nothing danderous about a
pit, just some people always think negative. Guns don't kill
people=people kill=people, don't guess I'll see you in the pits !!