Re: lifts

To: gbowley <gbowley@snet.net>
Subject: Re: lifts
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 12:37:45 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Fri, 1 May 1998, gbowley wrote:

> I'm supprised you could even install one!
> The town I live in strictly forbids installing a pit, not to mention the
> state.

A neighbor has (IMO) a safer alternative to a lift- pour concrete ramps,
24" if space between, 20" high (or so).  On the other hand, he's got a lot
of land to play with; the ramps are installed behind some trees in a
corner.  But it's safer than a pit; can't spill anything inside, can't get
trapped.

Remember not to use a trouble light in a pit if you're standing in a
puddle!

-Malcolm
"Concrete is Best"