Re: Bentley and Haynes Manuals / copper fuel lines

To: "'ArthurK101@aol.com'" <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Bentley and Haynes Manuals / copper fuel lines
From: Steinbeck Michael <Michael.Steinbeck@start.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 13:34:01 +0100
Cc: "'TR Liste'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Hi Art and the list,

I was reading the Triumph digest of February 19 just today. For me the
explanation of the difference in the two manuals was very helpful. Since
I have a copy of the original factory manual (in German), I am very keen
the get hold of a copy of the Haynes manual. I tried several book stores
and even Haynes Publishers in GB, but nobody could help me. Do you, or
anyone on the list, know were to get a copy?

And here is another question: I need to replace the fuel line leading
from the gas tank to the engine bay. As I understand, these were
originally steel lines. Some suppliers have a set of copper lines as a
replacement. I was warned not to use copper, since it is supposed to
react with the fuel. Is that true? What is the recommendation?

Thank you very much in advance.

Michael
1962 TR4, CT 17613 LO
michael.steinbeck@start.de