Rear axle noise on spitfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rear axle noise on spitfire
From: NikkiMW1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 23:29:58 EST
Hello Listers,
I have a question that I hope the wise ones of the list can answer for me.
I have a 1980 Spitfire 1500 and when I am coasting (decelerating) I can hear a
clicking and feel a slight vibation from the rear of the car.  The PO informed
me that he had replaced both halfshafts(?) but that the noise and vibration
was still there, although not as bad.  He wasn't sure if he had put in shafts
that had grease zerks or not. (He didn't remember greasing them)  Any advice
would be helpful
TIA
Nikki
1980 Spitfire 1500