Re: carb. cleaner and Hand cleaner

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: carb. cleaner and Hand cleaner
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 10:43:56 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Peter.Hore@dhs.vic.gov.au, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Joe Curry wrote:

> It's called "Latex Gloves".  Buy a big box of them.  They're cheap and
> you have complete control (pick up a dime, etc).  If one gets ripped,
> put on another one.

You gotta be careful using latex gloves.  They're great for ambulance
workers and lab stuff, but some kinds dissolve when exposed to solvents
(like gasoline!)- they get sticky and I'd bet they leave residue on things
that you touch.

When working with heavy solvents I have big gauntlet gloves.  I also don't
like latex gloves because I have sub-gorilla sized hands and they're hard
to pull on.

For cleaning I have found that pure nylon surgical brushes work best.
The bristles are made same time as the handle so nothing falls out
(Gratuitious plug ahead ->  )  Lee Valley sells them.  www.leevalley.com I
think.

-Malcolm