Re: carb. cleaner and Hand cleaner

To: Peter.Hore@dhs.vic.gov.au
Subject: Re: carb. cleaner and Hand cleaner
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 98 09:14:10 PST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Peter Hore asked:
        > Speaking of clean hands, whats the BEST hand cleaner you can buy?

Its gotta be a *personal* thing, but I like the GoJo Orange and Pumice
hand cleaner.  The citrus actually smells quite nice and is not hydroscopic
like many lanolin-based cleaners, so it maintains its consistency throughout
its life.  IMHO, it does a better job of cleaning hands without leaving
an oily feeling, but too much use will have the pumice abrading too much
skin.  It also works without water, which is great if you dont have
running water in the garage.  I always carry a tube of the stuff in
the car for when there are "unscheduled" maintenance jobs.  ;)

I've tried MANY cleaners, 'cuz I'm a mite obsessive about clean hands
when I work on the car (which also helps in keeping the car and tools clean,
too!).  I figure I am on a winner now.

        Shane Ingate and his $0.02 in San Diego