Re: Supertrapp mufflers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu
Subject: Re: Supertrapp mufflers
From: Robert Verde <Robert_Verde@pgn.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:00:59 -0800
Cc: suchak@mediaone.net
Jim;

I also had problems finding anything about automobile applications from this
web site.  However, my local (Portland, OR) Baxter Auto Parts chain carries a
wide variety of thier mufflers, and was able to match exhaust diameters with
sizes of muffler for my application.

I have a couple of small Hondas, early 600 sedans, which are powered by 600cc
motorcycle engines, so I was interested in a Supertrapp for a motorcycle sound.
 However, I have had to add an additional glass pack muffler and still find the
noise level somewhat overwhelming, even with all of the disc packs installed in
the muffler.

The local cruising crowd does use these mufflers, and they look sharp, since
the view from the rear is of a chrome/stainless blanking plate, with the
exhaust gases exiting through the sides of the muffler.  I have seen them on
Chevys, Hondas and even turbo Volvos.

Robert Verde

>>> "Jim Hill" <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu> 02/19 10:36 AM >>>
John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net> supplied the list with the web
address for Supertrapp mufflers (www.supertrapp.com) . . .

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't find any reference on
that website to automobile mufflers - just 'bike mufflers. And
the "Search" function on their webpage isn't operational. What
am I doing wrong?

(snipped)

Jim Hill
Madison WI