RE: Tr6 steering rack

Subject: RE: Tr6 steering rack
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 15:53:46 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Bentley says grease, TRF's catalog and the Six Tech manual say gear oil.
I have used grease in the past but never gear oil. Maybe this is
somewhat akin to the trunnion lubrication debate?

Just out of curiosity, what would be the advantage of gear oil in the
rack mechanism? Disadvantage?

How about grease --- advantages and disadvantages?

Waiting for opinions...

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada