Re: weather (very little lbc content)

To: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Subject: Re: weather (very little lbc content)
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 11:11:50 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Good observations Ken.  We Albertans are fully familiar with SAD especially
here in Edmonton where our latitude is such that we see little daylight
during the worst of the winter.  However we have also enjoyed and maybe
even surpassed your pleasant winter.  We had no snow until New Year's Eve
and enjoyed the warmest December in history. I drove my TR7 until Dec. 31.
January saw snow and cold but only a few days of minus 30 weather which is
quite warm by our standards.

February has been warm and springlike with daytime highs reaching 7 - 9
degrees and more in the south.  (All temps in degrees Celsius).  The snow
is melting fast and spring seems to be just around the corner.  Last year
we had snow on the ground until late April with a heavy blizzard and 26" of
snow on May 20.

John