Re: Oil pressure of a Spitfire 15000 engine<ee74bc43.34e72e57@aol.com>

To: Becarjm@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil pressure of a Spitfire 15000 engine<ee74bc43.34e72e57@aol.com>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:40:53 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>2 years ago I changed my engine against a rebuild one from england, I was very
>happy to have a new engine in my car but 4 months later the light of the oil
>pressure began to be on at 1000 rm and below but when I press the accelator a
>little bit everything was OK until I openned my engine for maintenance and the
>surprise the camshaft was completly worn after 10 000 km !!!!!! so I changed
>it again in December and decided to rebuild all the top of the engine and
>yesterday I saw the horrible oil pressure light on at 1000 rm.
>So I'm preplex.

>Does anybody had the same adventure and where could be problem ???
>Help Help me please. Thanks in advance for all your advice and answer, I need
>to be cheer, I'm beginning to deseparate to have a good engine !!!!

Well, this may be a waste of time, but try changing the oil pressure sender on
the engine block, I had the same problem with my '73 MkIV 1300 just after I got
it, I had to rev the engine like hell to get the oil pressure light to go
out(I kow, not the best idea if it had low oil pressure :-)). Whilst doing this
the engine didn't knock so I guessed it was just the sender, replaced it and
never had any problem's since!!!

Rich
Northampton
England.