weather (very little lbc content)

To: "triumphs mail list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: weather (very little lbc content)
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 23:23:58 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
    It may be trite to bring up the weather, but the climatic event of the
century deserves comment.

    El Nino may be creating havoc world wide, but in the lower Midwest, USA
it has meant record warmth's.  February 15, and I was able to spend all
evening in the unheated garage in shirt sleeves.

    I have some personal theories about internet mail in general and this
list in particular.  Winter (I.e. cabin fever) raises;

    1.  the number of posts.
    2.  the lack of civility
    3.  the silliness and lack of focus

    Related is the idea that week-ends are slower 'cause most folks check
mail at work rather than working.  They also get more mean spirited 'cause
folks have more time to read, comment and write.  Couple that with sitting
inside all week-end, not turning a wrench, or enjoying a top down drive and
things can get nasty.  It's recognized in psychology.  Seasonal Affect
Disorder.

    The rest of the world may be disappointed, mad or depressed, but we're
doing fine here.  Spring IS just around the corner.  The high school
basketball play-offs have started and it's light driving home after work.
Keep the faith.

kengano@advant.com
1959 TR3A TS57756
1959 Model 10 Sedan TBE9232LDLB