Post SB42 registration in California

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Post SB42 registration in California
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:45:42 -0800
Yesterday was my opportunity to take advantage of California's SB42.  I
spent most of my free time last year lobbying and rallying support for this
measure that resulted in our pre 1974 cars being exempt from the smog check
when I could have been spending my time RESTORING my LBC.  So I decided to
reap the benefits from that effort.  Needless to say I had a heavily vested
interest in have SB42 pass, as my car is fuel injected and I honestly
feared passing smog.  (The thought of spending thousands of dollars
restoring the LBC only to not get it registered did run through my mind
often)  SB42 was a way for me to eliminate the potential problem.
Otherwise is was off to Nevada to have my brother register it there!!

It was a very enjoyable experience at the DMV.  In less that 10 minutes I
had the car titled and registered.  No hassle, no smog certificate, no
worries.  I'm out the door wearing the biggest Cheshire cat grin you ever
saw.   Now I just have get this damn thing complete and on the road!!!

Dave,
San Diego, Ca
1970 TR6 PI RHD CP51649 - Newly titled and registered for 1998
    \   I  N  J  E  C  T  I  O  N   /