[Fwd: Rust elimination]

To: Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Fwd: Rust elimination]
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:48:53 -0800

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing
 anything." -- Charles Kuralt
--------------15FFDA5B57D6FB180395A50D

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:45:26 -0800
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
To: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rust elimination

WINDOWSEET@aol.com wrote:

> Hi, listers;
> >
> My question to the list is......what are your opinions in this debate? Is rust
> unstoppable once it starts? Or can it be controlled?
>
> Greg,
Technically, unless you remove the rust entirely from the surface,
covering it with anything doesn't eliminate the oxymen source.  THis is
because rust is iron oxide and as such contains an oxygen source.  True,
while covering it up with a proper paterial will slow down the process,
it won't completely stop it.

There was an old body man I knew who looked like one of the hill guys in
"Deliverance", who proclaimed to me, "rust is like cancer, once it
starts, you gotta cut it all out, If you don't, it'll just keep
spreading"

My (and his) 2 cents worth.

Joe Curry