Re: Por 15 and polishing Aluminum

To: Alan Camhi <camhi@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: Por 15 and polishing Aluminum
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:19:49 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Alan Camhi wrote:

> 2.  What inexpensive method/polishing compound can I use to bring out the
>shine in these dampers and also my intake manifold(aluminum).  I want them to
>stand out.

Try high-grit (600 or up) wet-dry sandpaper.  Use some water or oil on it
to stop it from clogging up.

Test in an inconspicuous spot first in case it does something surprising.

Polishing with sandpaper might leave a raw metal surface that could
tarnish quickly-- you might want to put some sort of substance on the
polished metal to retain the shininess. (ugh- THAT'S bad grammar)

Offhand I can't think of what that would be :-)

-Malcolm