BMIHT

To: Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: BMIHT
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 07:46:53 -0800

To all of those who think highly of the BMIHT

I have written to the above organization in an effort to clear up some
conflicts that I have encountered in data that has been provided to the
Spitfire database.  Below is a reply that I received.  I interpret it as
saying in no uncertain terms, "We have the information and we use it to
raise money, therefore we would be crazy to give it to you so you could
post it on the internet for the benefit of all those who care."  In
short, the BMIHT seems to exist for the purpose of raising money not for
the promotion of historic cars as claimed.

But I encourage each of you to read the reply for yourself and see if
you agree with my summation.  All comments are welcome.

Regards,
Joe Curry
--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing