BMIHT

To: Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: BMIHT
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 22:16:49 -0800
Gang,
After almost 2 months, I have received a reply to a letter to the BMIHT
relating to Spitfire production series and dates.  It was very inclusive
and answers most (not quite all) the questions I have about Spitfire
production through the years.

Here's the clincher, though.  They made it quite clear that I was not to
publish or reproduce the information.  I will of course honor their
request.  However, If anybody has any questions regarding a specific
Spitfire, I think I can answer them without betraying the trust of the
"Trust".

One thing that I have finally clarified is the serial numbering of the
1500 Series.  Someone suggested that the FH (European) and FM (US)
models were numbered in the same series.  THat is not true.  The FH
series started with the MkIV's and in Europe continued into the 1500's.
But in the US models, the serial numbers started over with the FM
series.

I still have a number of questions regarding the VIN numbering sequence
that started late in 1979, so that will be the subject of my next
correspondence.

Regards,
Joe Curry
--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing