Re: BMIHT

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: BMIHT
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 09:05:34 -0800
Andy,
Because what I asked for seems to be the question everybody is asking, I
will address my reply to the list.

I asked forpretty "general" production information about the Spitfire
models.  Things like cutoff numbers for the particular years, etc.  In
particulat, I want to find out what the deal is with the FH, FK, Fl and
FM production series.  Somebody suggested that there was a single series
of numbers used throughout the 1500 production (regardless of whether it
had an FH or FM prefix.  I doubt that because the FH series was carried
through from the MkIV series and in the US the MkIV carried a FK prefix,
while the 1500 carried a FM series.

Additionally, I seek documentation on where certain cars were actually
assembled, specifically how to tell by the Commission prefix.  This is
to document the information that I have received indicating that a
number of cars were assembled in Belgium.

In short, I need pretty general information akin to what one might find
in parts catalogs to ensure the correct part is ordered.  I have no
interest in posting information that would cripple the BMIHT's strangle
hold on $40.00 certificates (suitable for framing).

Also, I wish they would get in to the twentieth century and start using
EMAIL.  The postal services are slow and very expensive when you are
trying to answer question of this nature.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing