Re: BMIHT

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: BMIHT
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:47:43 -0600
Cc: Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Joe Curry wrote:

> To all of those who think highly of the BMIHT
>
> I have written to the above organization in an effort to clear up some
> conflicts that I have encountered in data that has been provided to the
> Spitfire database.  Below is a reply that I received.  I interpret it as
> saying in no uncertain terms, "We have the information and we use it to
> raise money, therefore we would be crazy to give it to you so you could
> post it on the internet for the benefit of all those who care."  In
> short, the BMIHT seems to exist for the purpose of raising money not for
> the promotion of historic cars as claimed.

Joe:

Just my thoughts, having been involved with a similar non-profit organization
that provides much-needed information to
individuals - but for a fee...

In my opinion, it's the difference between "using it to raise money", as you
state, and using it to offset costs for
development of the information, printing of the materials, postage and
handling, etc.  Not being argumentative - just
presuming that they are there to promote our historic cars, but it does takes a
little cash to exist for our benefit.

Martin Libhart
1970 Spitfire
1972 TR6