Re: Diff seals

To: Turner & Turner <turner@turner.se>
Subject: Re: Diff seals
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 07:32:40 -0800
Cc: Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Adam,

Been there, done that!  First off, did you remember to remove the keeper
ring that holds the bearing onto the shaft?  Secondly, Banging on the
thing only seems to make it more stubborn.  Triumph had a special press
that they devised for removing the bearings.  You have two halves of a
steel plate that go behind the bearing and attach to the end of the
press.  The press then exerts force onto the shaft, driving it toward
the (now stationary) bearing.  With the right tool, it comes out rather
easily.  Finding someone who has that tool is the hard part.  Try your
local Triumph shops and/or machine shops.

Joe Curry

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing