Re: Head gasket change, Spitfire

To: triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Head gasket change, Spitfire
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 15:32:13 +0000
Illegal-object: Syntax error in References: value found on gateway.ukaea.org.uk:References: <md5:E2AABD4C38826F4DD61ACBC1A01EE69E> ^-illegal end of message identification
I'm getting confused about my car, so I have used the special
brain atachment thing, 'wot' picks up what you think, and
thaught aloud to the computer.

OK.

I presume that the 1300 block can't take a 1500 crank.
I there for can conclude that I have the Mk4 style (with more
robust, but not so good main bearing) 1300 engin in my car.
This has alot more friction than the old 1300, therefore less
power.
There for, having flat pistons, and a 1500 head on, I will
have bad compression 8:1?
But good breathing, thanks to twin SU HS4's.

If you lower the compression, what do you have to do with the
timing, advance or retard?

MMMmmmmmm Donghnuts! :-)

I presume that the SUHS4 dashpot will not lift as much with
the smaller engin, and the highest point.  The needel should
be the thickness of the HS2 needel, at it's highest point?

And it should folow HS2 needels curve to the base.

That coffee's horible :-( Much rather have a nice pint of proper bitter.
None of the draught flow stuff, real... Old Specaldy Hen Mmmmm!

If anyone has folowed me this far, do you know where I am
because I'm lost.

So my car has a problem with going over 4500 RMP in second,
stay there a week, and it still won't go over.  It races up
to this figure, and then nothing you fly forward like you
hit a 40 ton articulated lorry.

Help I'm getting confused!

I'm not mad, your the one who sugested it!

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot