Re: Head gasket change, Spitfire

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Head gasket change, Spitfire
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 08:50:32 -0800
Cc: mjb@cs.utah.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
James,
In looking through the VB parts catalog, it appears that you may be
right.  The main bearings come in two flavors 62-70 and 71-80.  This
overlaps the 1300 engine.  Therefore, it appears that the early 1300
shares a common main bearing with the 1147 and the later 1300 shares a
common main bearing with the 1500.  The same thing seems to be the case
with the rods, So if you have a late 1300 engine, the rods would seem to
be the same as the 1500.

Joe Curry

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing