Re: Head gasket change, Spitfire

To: mjb@cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Head gasket change, Spitfire
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 11:24:22 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Illegal-object: Syntax error in References: value found on gateway.ukaea.org.uk:References: <md5:5F675D09EB88C57B7930B9250307ECB4> ^-illegal end of message identification
Did'nt quite make my self clear the last time. (Clicked on send by
acident)
I don't own a doly, the spitfire had one in, it was shot.

The question I wanted to ask is, does anyone know if a 1300 GK serise
engin
can take a 1500 chank, or anyone have anyideas on how to mesure the
stroke,
without undoing the sump, or cyliner head.

Can I tell from the outside what the crank is?

I presume the bigger crank will need smaller con rods, and the pistons
can stay the same.

I must therefore have the 1300 cam, is this the cam which is suposed
to have a positive effect on the 1500 engin?  or is that the earlia
1500 cam?

Thanks for any comments/sugestions

James
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot