Re: Engine Swaps - What about stopping?

To: <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Swaps - What about stopping?
From: "Dan Arrington" <gt6nut@foxinternet.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 03:36:00 -0800
Cc: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

----------
> From: DANMAS@aol.com
> To: rjsnydercpa@email.msn.com; triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Engine Swaps - What about stopping?
> Date: Monday, February 02, 1998 5:57 PM
>
>I have
> upgraded my rear drums from 9" to 12" so I have significantly more
braking
> power there.  I am still investigating what improvements to make to the
front,
> and I would love any input from the list.

A good soultion here is to go to a drilled, or better yet slotted disk with
four piston calipers. (Check out your local Race Car  Parts Supplier).

 If I can't improve the front to
> match, then I will have to add a proportioning valve in the lines to the
rear
> to decrease their power to match the front.

Still a good idea even with the improved front brakes.
Due to the weight shift at heavy braking the rear will most likely break
loose first without some proportining.

And thats my two cents worth!  :-)
                                                     ....Dan