Re: Engine Swaps - What about stopping?

To: "Robert J. Snyder" <rjsnydercpa@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Swaps - What about stopping?
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 20:26:37 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Bob:

Just because you have improved the power, it doesn't necessarily follow
that the brakes are going to be suddenly unacceptable.  A good driver -
providing he isn't racing - doesn't need to use his brakes any more often.
He also doesn't need to use them more vigourously unless he is planning to
drive faster and harder more often than before or than the law will allow.
How often do you now tax your brakes to their limit and how often have you
experienced dangerous brake fade in the course of your driving?  This
should be the deciding point in contemplating brake changes.  Just because
it can go fast doesn't mean it has to stop fast.

John