Re: Engine Swaps - What about stopping?

To: "Robert J. Snyder" <rjsnydercpa@email.msn.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Engine Swaps - What about stopping?
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 98 19:53:48 -0800
>I always read with great interest the discussions regarding engine swaps for
>TR-6 and Spitfire.  I have a Spitfire 1500 that I was thinking of upgrading
>with a GT-6 motor.  I was also going to upgrade the vertical link and brakes
>from a GT-6.  However, I was wondering with the larger increases in
>horsepower: V-8 in TR-6 or V-6 in Spitfire, what break modifications have
>been considered and are acceptable?

I have NEVER understood why people think you need better brakes if you
add more HP.  If you are going 50 MPH in a car that has 75 HP, doesn't it
take about the same amount of space & time to stop as the same car going
50 MPH with a 300 HP engine???

I always thought better brakes were desirable at any time & even more so
if you add an overdrive or higher diff ratios allowing you to go faster
that
n you could before.

Still wondering how how fast you can reach speed X, affects how quickly
you can go from X to zero.

TeriAnn Wakeman
Santa Cruz, California

NOTE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS twakeman@cruzers.com