tappets, ouch.

To: "MG LIST" <mgccnwc-list@eskimo.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tappets, ouch.
From: "William West" <will_thane@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 19:40:50 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Greetings All!

Well, now that I've baffled myself with the cam timing question, there's
another possible setback.

Most of the hardware for this 1500 rebuild had been in storage for a number
of years.  Well, this storage left its mark on one of the tappets.  Rust has
formed around the outside diameter.  I'm currently hitting the spot with
naval jelly, but I'm not yet sure of the extent of the pitting.

What criteria should I look at for determining whether to use this tappet?
Does anyone have a phone# for Kent cams so that I might get a new set of
tappets should this one be unusable?

Thanks again!

Will
(indebted to all of you!)