TR6 Front Suspension Rebuild

To: <rleopold@frontiernet.net>
Subject: TR6 Front Suspension Rebuild
From: "Robert J. Snyder" <rjsnydercpa@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 22:17:19 -0500
Cc: <duhart@symbol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Hi Richard and John,

I rebuilt the front suspension of my '70 TR-6 about two years ago and had a
similar experience.  In addition to replacing the bushings, ball joints,
etc., I also replaced the stock coil springs with mild competition springs.
I'll bet Richard is trying to turn the vertical link while the car is on
jack stands.  Once the car is lowered and the weight is taken up by the
springs, the front suspension will work fine.  I also replaced my front
suspension parts according to Haynes.  Additionally, I had the car inspected
afterwards to make sure everything was OK when I got a front-end alignment.
Your cars should be OK if steering is free when dropped down from the jack
stands.

Bob Snyder

'70 TR-6
'79 Spitfire