RE: TR3B: Trouble Getting Brake Drums ON

Subject: RE: TR3B: Trouble Getting Brake Drums ON
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 98 20:53:32 -0800
>TeriAnn,
>
>Is there a way to measure the shoes? They sure look the same size as the
>pair I took out --- BUT, there were a lot of problems in the rear brakes of
>this car from DPO. It sat in a field for a decade. The left rear brake line
>had been pinched closed and the wheel cylinder was just sitting in there
>w/out any backing plates. So there's probably no guarantee that the
>previous ones were correct either (it would also explain why it was so
>*(&($& hard getting the drums off in the first place!).
>
>- Dave

Well I still don't know if you are dealing with the Spit or the TR3.  If
its the TR3, early cars had 10 inch brakes, yours has nine inch brakes.
The difference probably wouldn't be noticable unless you put them
together side by side.  But check the emergency brake first.  As the
for the drum.  It seems like the most likely posibility to me, assuming
you have the shoes properly mounted and lined up.

TeriAnn Wakeman
Santa Cruz, California

NOTE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS twakeman@cruzers.com