Re: spitfires at le mans

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: spitfires at le mans
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 14:20:48 -0800
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Peter,
Some early Spits were fitted with an extended hardtop especially fitted for
racing.  This was before the GT6 was even conceived.  The "give-away" on the
looks in whether or not the bonnet has the GT6 bulge, and in the rear, the
top did not meet the rear facia like the GT6, but rather went straighter
back and was then cut off in a square fashion,  I think I have some pictures
somewhere, if you care to see them.  Let me know and I'll rummage through my
archives (such as they are)

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing