Re: More TR6 engine questions

To: len drake <drake@direct.ca>
Subject: Re: More TR6 engine questions
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 12:48:25 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

len drake wrote:

> I disagree, the greyish sludge could be something else.  Oftentimes when
> some one rebuilds an engine they use white grease for lubing various parts
> of the engine.  I have seen several instances where a thick greyish sludge
> is covering the bootom of the oil pan as a result.  Your bearings/crank may
> be
> ok.
> ^^^^^

While the gunk in the pan may not be all rubble from the bearings, you will not
know
if the crank is ok without having a professional check it for size and
roundness.
It seems such a shame to assume that they are ok while the engine is out of the
car
and such a check is reasonable "painless".  You'll be kicking yourself forever
if
you don't and have problems that could have been avoided.

Joe Curry
--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing