Re: Spit speakers

To: "J.Daley" <J.Daley@umds.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Spit speakers
From: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 19:43:25 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Julian,

For my 1500, I installed a pair of Bose 100s (appx. 130USD for the pair) on the
shelf behind the seats, a pair of cheap (less than 40USD/pair) surface mount
cubes
from Radio Shack just below the lower crash rails, and a 2x25 - front / 2x50 -
rear
amp in the trunk.  This combination does not give the window rattling thumps
that
seem to come from most cars today, but the sound quality is very good and very
audible at highway speeds.  Also, these speakers have held up well, despite
having
been rained on a number of times (some of my friends think Malibu Barbie's Dream
Car doesn't have a top and that I'm turning her into an aquarium).  The only
thing
I really need to do is bolt down the Bose speakers, so they won't be quite so
easy
to "borrow" from their relatively public hiding places.  Oh, yea!  You don't
have
to cut holes in anything, if you take this route.

--
Schuyler E. Grace
'73 Spitfire 1500 - FM1183U