Dash project

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dash project
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 22:40:14 -0800 (PST)
Because having 3 dozen project on the go just isn't enough, I'm going to
refinish the dash in my TR4 too.

I am going to use several pieces of veneer to cover the metal dash.  I
think I'll use contact cement and spar varnish (dad & grandpa were boat
builders... use their methods ;-)) to stick the veneer on.

I'd like to know if there is an easier method to removing the steering
column than the way that Haynes recommends.  Maybe I'm just scared of all
the confusing bolts and fasteners it refers to, and it's not so bad... but
all the same I thought I'd consult the list before tackling it.

I would also like to know of any 'while-I'm-in-there' jobs I can do whilst
the column's out.  I am going to do the gauge gaskets and the glovebox
latch, how about the steering bushes?

-Malcolm
'62 TR4, rusty metal dash... soon to go!