TR7 V8 conversion

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "TR8 List" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: TR7 V8 conversion
From: pearesto@totcon.com (pearesto)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 22:30:13 -0800
Hi guys again.

Thanks again to all that advised me against the TR8.  Too many unknowns.

I spent the majority of the weekend looking at many cars, including a few
BMW 633s, a few 280 and 300XZs, a couple Stags, and a few others I will not
even bore you all with.  All I succeeded in doing was wasting a lot of gas
and getting frustrated.  How can there be so much junk in one area.

I did however inherit a 3.5 EFI engine out of a Rover.  One of the Stag
owners had one laying on his garage floor.  It happens that he sold his
Stag a couple months ago(old adds and stockpiled Autotraders do come in
handy at times).  The fact is he did not really know what it was worth and
needed it out.  I took care of hauling it off for him.  Aren't I nice?  It
is a 35k engine with FI and computer.

I now need a TR8 bellhousing and bellhousing parts to convert my TR7.  I
also need a TR8 Crossmember and maybe an oilpan(I do not know if the Rover
oil pan is the same).   I know someone had some parts advertised not to
long ago, but I have lost the emails.

I am on a wife made budget so the parts need to be cheap.  Unless I cannot
find them then I will entertain a bit more money to do it.

Thanks

John