Re: Sandblasting Cabinets

To: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Subject: Re: Sandblasting Cabinets
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 15:25:21 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Gary,

I bought my tempered glass locally for around $18.  I am going to buy
the lens protectors but I'll probably just buy another piece of glass
locally again.  I wish I knew how long they lasted.  Be nice to know
if the cost is justified.  If you have to replace to often then why
bother, right!  I've used mine without a vaccum before.  Everytime I
did it was because I forgot to turn it on.  It didn't take long to
realize that the vaccum makes a big difference.  Mine is just a
little 1.5 hp sears wetdry shop vac.  I've had the same filter on
there for 10 years now.  I just take it outside every so often
and beat hell out of it.  Works like new again.

Like I mentioned the lighting also makes a difference.  All in all
though, I don't know how I got along with out it before.  Its so easy
to just pop a piece in their and blast away.  If I had to do it over
again I would probably buy the air foot pedal also.  After awhile
your hand gets kind of tired holding the trigger.

> >I built one like you have but have not used it yet.  Did your glass lense
> come with a milar inner protector sheet?  Mine did I think.  You can
> buy them in packs of 3.  I was just wondering how long that inner
> protectant shield lasted.  Also I didn't want to use a vacum system
> but from your post I guess I will have to rig one up.  Thanks for
> the advice.
>   Gary, Frances Nafziger
>   Wellman, Iowa

Brad