RE: Fwd: local phone Co. info NO LBC CONTENT BUT VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Fwd: local phone Co. info NO LBC CONTENT BUT VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 07:00:53 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
This is all a hoax.  The FCC briefly considered such an action in 1996, but
quickly dropped it. There is note on the FCC web page to the effect that
there are no open comment periods on such matters.  Go to  www.fcc.gov and
click on the internet heading halfway down in the right hand column.

The phone company can't tell the difference between modem to modem and
internet, and the proposed charge in 1996 was going to be levied against
ISP's.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com   non illegitimus carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK