RE: Manifold Gasket

To: "'scott suhring'" <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Subject: RE: Manifold Gasket
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 03:55:14 -0800
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Scott,

        NO sealer, either on the stock gasket, or when using
the Mr. Gasket header gasket material.  (at least according to the
Mr. Gasket people)  I have a Spit owning buddy who swears by
smearing axle grease on both sides of the gasket prior to assy.
Says it helps everything seal)  You make the call.  But I would
just clean off the mating surfaces really well and assemble dry.

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA