RE: Spitfire Gauge Repair

To: "'Brad Kahler'" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: RE: Spitfire Gauge Repair
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 03:55:05 -0800
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Brad,

        You have the gauge out , right?  (sorry to be so impertinent)
Look closely at the ring holding the glass to the body...are there
little tabs bent down and around the edge?  If so, try grasping this
ring firmly and twisting.  It should rotate to the slots and come right off.
DO NOT try to pry these away.  Just spin the ring.  Now, getting it back
on with a fresh rubber gasket, well....not quite as easy.  Perseverance !

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA