Re: Trans plug

To: LBOTTOM2 <LBOTTOM2@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Trans plug
From: "Charlie B." <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 17:13:04 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
LBOTTOM2,

I got one for Christmas, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. The
tool is called "Gator Grip". It looks like a 3/8 drive spark plug socket
except the inside of the socket is filled with small, spring loaded,
parallel steel pins. As you push the socket over the nut or bolt head
(1/2" and 3/8" square head MIP plugs included), the little pins are
displaced by the head or nut, leaving the outer pins to bind and grip
the normal, or distored piece of hardware.

Since I haven't had a need to use it yet, I can offer no absolute
guarantees. If you can find one at your local hardware store, it may be
worth a shot.

Good luck,
Charlie B.