Trans plug

To: LBOTTOM2 <LBOTTOM2@aol.com>
Subject: Trans plug
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 13:59:04 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>>>>> "LBOTTOM2" == LBOTTOM2  <LBOTTOM2@aol.com> writes:

    LBOTTOM2> Every get to the point where NOTHING you try seems to go
    LBOTTOM2> well? All I wanted to do was change th gearbox
    LBOTTOM2> fluid....drained it, but now can't get that blasted filler
    LBOTTOM2> plug out! Even removed a seat and the trans cover to get
    LBOTTOM2> better access and still it won't budge. To make matters
    LBOTTOM2> worse, the lug is chewed up and rounded from the last guy
    LBOTTOM2> to try this. Do you think they could have put this plug in
    LBOTTOM2> a worse spot? It would be awkward getting a wrench on it
    LBOTTOM2> when it was new. Ideas anyone?

I had this problem on Sonja when she was new.  Drilled a hole through
the plug, put a drift through it and whacked it good.  That worked.
I had to replace the plug (obviously).
                                                                -MM